Thursday, February 25, 2016

Check out these Unbelievable Facts!!!

These are a few more weird and unbelievable facts, most of which we probably never knew before. Check them out!

  • Istanbul, Turkey is the only city to be located in two continents
  • Only 3% water of the earth is fresh, the remaining 97% is salted
  • According to Albert Einstein, if bees disappear from the earth, mankind would perish within 4 years. 
  • Americans use 2500000 plastic bottles every hour, most of which is thrown away.
  • In the men’s shirts, the buttons are on the right side and female on the left.
  • Christmas was illegal in the U.S until 1836 as it was considered an Ancient Pagan Holiday.
  • In 5000 years of human history, only one disease has been eradicated: smallpox.
  • Life expectancy in Ancient Rome was from 20 to 30 years.
  • There are so many kinds of apples that if you eat one everyday, you need over 20 years to try them all.
  • Over a million Europeans were captured and sold as slaves to North Africa between 1530 and 1780.
  • Bamboo is the fastest growing woody plant in the world; it can grow up to 90cm per day.
  • We consume over 80 trillion aluminum cans a years.
  • The flavoring used in Coca Cola is still extracted from the same plant used in Cocaine, it is the only Company allowed to import it in the U.S

No comments:

Post a Comment